Thursday, July 31, 2008

More Running

Yes, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I've decided to post about my latest 5k. My life right now revolves around three main things: getting ready for the baby, school, and training for the half marathon. Since I still have two finals to get through, I'll forgo posting on school for the moment, and I'll let Angela handle most updates about the baby on her blog. So here it is.

Last Saturday I ran a 5k as part of the Sunset City Fun Days celebration. After being disappointed with my time on the 4th, I trained for speed during the week. The effort appears to have paid off. I finished with a time of 24:44, which missed matching my second-best by just 1 second.

This was easily the smallest race I've been in, with only 26 men and women running. I managed to finish 4th overall, and again I was second in my age group - was not close to third place (he was also 1st in my group). I finished almost two minutes behind him, and the fifth place runner was almost a minute behind me. Results are available at Stride Racing - sort by age group or gender to find me.

One problem is that the course was not as thoroughly marked as some I've been on, but what really threw me was the fact that I quickly lost sight of the lead runners. I am 95% sure that I ran the course as it was laid out, but can't be 100% certain. I sure felt like I had run at least 3 miles.

No comments: