Saturday, August 9, 2008

"Honey Do"

It may surprise many of you, but I am generally inclined to honor my wife's requests for help around the house. Since she is currently pregnant, and I am in school, this means that I am trying to do the most work in the least time.

I am mainly confined to completing house projects during semester breaks. The summer break (three weeks) is shortened for me because of my upcoming trip. One project that I was especially asked to complete is sanding the old paint in the bathroom and nursery in case any of the old layers are lead paint (which Angela really should not breathe right now). In the week since class has ended I've cleaned the upstairs of the house (mostly), cleaned out the inside of my car, run various errands, and got a big start on a project in our basement with great amounts of help from Angela's parents (thanks Paul and Elaine!).

This morning I was going to go for a run, then do the sanding, but Angela had other plans in mind. I ended up helping her clean our basement. We didn't finish, but we did make decent progress. My run got pushed back until this evening, when the fall of darkness helped me decide to wimp out and shorten the distance from 11 miles to 8.5.

Anyway, I now really have only one day to sand: Monday. I guess I sort of goofed off a bit too this week, but I generally do OK when I back myself into a corner. If I can get this one last thing done, I can go on my trip feeling pretty good about the situation here.

No comments: