Friday, January 25, 2008

Workin' for a Livin'

Yes, it's sappy, but my title was inspired by the recent remake of a classic Huey Lewis song, Workin' for a Livin'. The current version is a duet with Garth Brook (also unretired). Wow, a mix of top stars from the '80's and '90's.

The reason for the post is that I started my new job this week. It's been pretty interesting to me so far, but would probably bore most people. I've been working on quarterly tax filings for employers. That's what your employers have to file when they actually pay the government the money they withhold from your check if the tax is under $2500 for the quarter. Otherwise (this is where employers with more than a handful of employees fall) they must make a deposit either monthly or with each payroll processing.

The firm I work for has a suite in the Old Post Office building in Ogden. It's pretty neat inside, so I have a picture of the front hall on the ground floor.

Ah, a turn-of-the century government building.


Here is a badly lit picture of the door to the suite where I work.


Finally, here is a picture of my office, also badly lit. That's right, for the first time in my professional career I have a private office.

No comments: