Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Pilgrim's Progress

Well, the kitchen remodeling project at the Weil home continues. The cabinets are now in place! It took a long day Saturday, and many more hours today, but we are ready to have measurements taken for our countertop. Hopefully that will happen tomorrow. Many thanks to Paul, Michael, and Elaine for their hours of service here, and thanks to all others for their advice and support in all forms. We're not done, but I feel good about where we're at right now. Here are some more pictures of our work.

This shows our new paint job before we started hanging cabinets. Angela tried a new technique using a plastic bag to apply the darker top coat to give the wall a textured appearance.

This photo shows the project partially completed, with the wall cabinets hanging and the first floor cabinet in ready position.

These are our newly installed cabinets! Sure, they'll look better once the tools are put away and the doors are on, but so far, so good. We also have our new dishwasher! Angela is really excited about that.

Here is another view of the installed cabinets.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

pitchers are a red x, you got a space or something in the url, just like in the tractor club

Derek said...

Ok, I tried re-posting the pictures, but I have no control over the actual code of the website. Have my other pictures been visible?

Michelle Johnson said...

I can see them. It looks like it's coming along. I bet it will be quite a relief once everything's done and the kitchen is usable again.

Anonymous said...

OK , now visible, one wall cabinet is higher.