Yes, I am abusing one word to make a poor pun. A cyclorama is a panoramic painting meant to be displayed on the walls of a circular room (at least, traditionally). I am writing about a recent bike outing to Antelope Island.
We took some of the Boy Scouts there for a ride. It began on Saturday morning just inside the gate of Antelope Island State Park. The seven-mile Davis County Causeway lay before us. Of six riders who began the attempt, only 4 finished the ride to the marina on the island. One of the boys made it all the way on his BMX-style bike, which really isn't built for distance.
The next part of the plan was to go to the buffalo ranch on the southern part of the island. Initially planned as a possible ride, most participants rode in the support vehicles. I rode with two of the boys (who had both finished the causeway ride). The trip was eleven miles altogether, and the boys both made it about halfway. I then finished the distance on my own and met the group for lunch.
My bike held up very well, and the ride was quite pleasant, as the temperature was nearly ideal for riding. Any exercise benefit was diminished by a lunch consisting of fried dough, cookies, and chips. It was a fun day, but now I'm trying to catch up on my work.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment