They have a nice apartment, and I even had a guest bed! When I arrived last Thursday Toby was still at work, so I chatted with his wife a bit. We then went into Hartford to see the state capitol building. Below is a picture of Toby inside the capitol, and then below that is a pic of the building from the outside.


After touring the capitol, we walked around downtown Hartford for a bit. we saw some historic buildings, and also saw the famous "gold building" which houses, among other things, the corporate office of United Technologies (Toby works at another location). This building probably gets its name due to the fact that it is covered entirely in gold-tinted glass. I didn't get a picture to share.
Next we went back tot Toby's place for dinner. While waiting for things to finish cooking, we were watching TV and Pirates of the Caribbean was just starting. I like the movie, but haven't gone out of my way to see it in a while. It seems like evey time this happens with a movie I like but I'm not crazy about, I end up watching the movie on TV. Toby even observed that he often will watch the TV version even though he has the DVD. Anyway, this time we actually popped the DVD in and watched it that way.
In the morning, we went out for breakfast and then I headed home. All in all I had a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment