Saturday, April 5, 2008

Keep On Truckin'

Yes, it's a silly title, but since the first quarter of 2008 is "in the books", I thought I'd give an update on my goal of running 300 miles this year. After a decent March, in which I cracked the 25 mile mark for the first time this year, I am up to 62.6 miles. This means that I am nearly 13 miles behind the pace I need to reach 300 (75 miles per quarter, or 25 per month, obviously).

With warmer weather here, and with tax season soon ending, I hope to have several month where I can reach 30 miles or more. We'll see. My first week of April puts me on pace for about 29 miles this month, but it's too early to get excited yet. Still, my body is holding up pretty well - no serious concerns yet about my knees or feet - but again, time will tell.

No comments: