Happy Birthday to me! The Weiled West has been online for one year (and one day) now, since my first post was on March 30, 2007.
I thought it a fitting time to discuss why I chose to spell the site's name this way. My last name is Weil, so I thought about each of the following: The Weild West, The Weil'd West, and The Weiled West, among others.
I eventually settled on Weiled West due to its resemblance to the term "peopled." I wanted to evoke the notion that the West was now "peopled" with Weils, as I am the only member of my immediate extended family (grandparents on down) living outside Pennsylvania.
As far as life is going out here, things are pretty much OK, although we got blasted by a small snowstorm last night into this morning. I ran a red light on my way to school today because I couldn't brake in time due to the slick roads (I just wasn't ready for it, my own stupid fault). Still, we've been having mostly fair weather and once our flowers start blooming I'll be sure to post some photos.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment