Again, I borrow my title. This time I am referring to the autobiographical story of Philadelphia Phillies catcher Chris Coste, entitled The 33-Year-Old Rookie. I haven't read it, but felt it was an appropriate way to mark the end of my first tax season.
Overall, I would have to say that things went pretty well over the last few months. There were high points, and I certainly struggled at times, but I ended up learning quite a bit and reinforcing quite a bit more of my knowledge related to income taxation.
I prepared returns for a wide variety of clients, and my understanding of the IRS Form 1040 is much stronger. I dealt with wages, tips, interest, dividends, capital gains, business income, rental income, and farm income. I also saw a wide range of itemized deductions.
By my tally I prepared about 90 individual returns and a further 25 for partnerships, S-corporations, C-corporations, and trusts. I am pleased that I can say I did over 100 returns this year, especially since I was working part time.
Overall, the experience was great, and I am still excited about a career in accounting.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment