Well, it's been two months since the new year began, and I've been running with my new shoes that whole time. I must say that I am well pleased with them so far. In this time, I've run a bit over 37 miles on them, and they are very comfortable for me.
That brings me to an update on my running for the year so far. My records show that I have run 37.1 miles in two months. At this time last year I has covered just 13.3 miles, as I took January off for various reasons I can't remember now. This puts me 23.8 miles ahead of last year. My goal for the year is to make it my best running year so far. If I could pass 300 miles for the year, it would be great, but what I'd like to do for sure is beat my personal best total, which was 246 miles in 2006 (last year I hit 240).
To reach my lower goal, I need to average about 21 miles per month (this would give me 252 miles). As you can see, I am below that average right now. Still, these are the winter months, and I am likely to run a bit more when warmer weather arrives. Since I am ahead of my cumulative pace (by those 23.8 miles), all I need to do is run at least as much as I did from this point last year, and I'll achieve my first goal. We'll see how it goes. As for 300 miles, that may be too much for me, but I'll give it a go. It would be really cool, because if I reach 300.17 miles this year, I'll have hit the 1,000 mile mark since I started keeping track of this back in 2005 (when I took on running as my main mode of exercise).
Things are busier in some ways this year, but hopefully I can do something new. Last year I ran my fastest timed mile (so far, and inasmuch as I timed it correctly). This year I am hoping for more consistency in my exercise, and I am hoping to work on endurance a bit more.
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment