The time has arrived. I am in the home stretch of the semester: Finals Week! I have two take-home exams, and one in the testing center. I decided to up the ante by scheduling the GMAT exam on Wednesday morning. My grades have been at or near past levels (which is very good), but of course I'd like to end on a high note.
I must complete one exam this afternoon/evening, then study and take one tomorrow (or study tomorrow, take Wed. PM).
Wednesday morning is the biggest test since I came back to school: The GMAT (Graduate Management Assessment Test) will determine whether I will be accepted into the Master's program here. The bar is fairly attainable. A 500 (on a 200-800 point scale) is required. This score is approximately in the 40th percentile. While my math skills have slipped, I really ought to clear that score handily. I took a full-length computerized practice test at home and scored 660 (the 86th percentile). My goal for the real exam has been to get between 620-650, which should make me competitive for scholarship money here. Still, I am very nervous for a 3.5 hour exam.
After that, I just need to finish off school. My third final is a 120-question true/false and multiple choice open-book take-home number that will really require me to re-read all nine chapters as I go. A fellow student spent six hours on it, and I expect to take a similar amount of time. Still, that just requires patience and diligence. I am sure that I will post my final grades, and I will look forward to next semester when I will hopefully be taking 4 classes.
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment