Now that I have some time off from school, I've been able to do more activities with the young men in my church. On Thursday we took a trip up to a cabin in the vicinity of Mirror Lake (in the Wasatch Mountains near Kamas, UT). When we arrived, we had to shovel a foot of snow out of the driveway, and felt very lucky that it wasn't two feet. A winter night in the Rockies is cold, but the cabin was warmed very nicely by an enclosed fireplace and propane heater. The guys played games and then had a planning meeting for the upcoming year's activities. The next day, we went for a short sledding trip. After lunch back at the cabin, we returned home.
Overall, it was a fun trip. It was kind of cool to get to sleep in a cabin on a cold winter's night. I even enjoyed a few sledding runs myself. It was a nice break before returning to more serious matters next month as school begins again.
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great work.
Post a Comment