This weekend I watched High Noon, a famous American western film, for the first time. I thought that it was very good, but I will not offer my own review here. Whenever I watch a film, I usually visit the Internet Movie Database (IMDb.com) to gather more information and trivia about the film. This movie was Lee Van Cleef's first film role. He had no spoken lines, but would later become very famous in two Westerns opposite Clint Eastwood (the better of the two being The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly). Apparently Van Cleef, though, started out as an accountant. Yes, I'm now on the career arc of a movie villain!
But wait, there's more! While at IMDb, I did some reading on Columbo, the famous televised detective show. I must admit to some hypocrisy in being a Columbo fan. I often complain of the lack of realism in most crime dramas on TV. For some reason, I turned a blind eye to this show becasue the lead character was very likeable to me (the stories were no less contrived than any others). Anyway, Peter Falk, who starred as Lt. Columbo, is a Certified Public Accountant! WOW! I think I'll head to Hollywood right now. That accounting degree will come in handy after all.
Well, perhaps not. I guess the real moral is that accoutning was too boring for Van Cleef and Falk. Fortunately for them they had other talents. The good news for me is that I actually like accounting so far, so I guess I'll give my chance at stardom a pass.
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your last sentence should be:
so I guess I'll give my chance at stardom a pass FOR NOW.
You know, I thought about ending it that way, but I guess I am too gloomily realistic. In an effort to be more cheerful, I'll agree: I'm only temporarily passing on an acting career.
Post a Comment