Thursday, October 25, 2007

It's a Miracle!

It seems like some things about school tend to repeat every so often. Every now and then, I have an exam or quiz that I am not fully prepared for, but manage to do very well on. This is very frequently followed by another exam on which I do more poorly than I had up to that point.

I've decided to term the first test in this series a "miracle" exam. I recently took a chapter quiz in my Cost Accounting class. I had spent a great deal of time memorizing the format for the problems, but little time on the theory. Of nine questions, four were True/False types, and I had to make my best guess on two of them(at least it was 50/50). I was confused by the wording of one problem, and almost entered the wrong answer. I also interpreted a fourth question correctly that half the class did not. The upshot of this is that I got 100% correct. This is very good. I also know that I could easily have had 70-80% right if things hadn't clicked just right in my mind. I worry now that one of my next exam will be much lower, since this has happened following a "miracle" exam before. Still, I will continue to do my best to be well-prepared, and hope that I really learn something along the way.

No comments: