Monday, October 29, 2007

Injury & Recovery

Last week I noticed a pain in my lower back. It usually came whenever I bent over or moved suddenly. It also was in pain when seated at certain angles. I got an appointment to see a local doctor, and went in for the visit. The doctor said it was likely an injury to my pelvic bone. If jarred, the "wings" of the pelvic bone can move to be seated improperly on a third bone, and motion can then lead to pain.

I remembered jogging at night the previous week and hitting a pothole with my left foot. The sharpness of the blow must have jarred the bone enough to dislodge it slightly.

The pain was a serious nuisance for the week, but over the weekend, it has started to improve. I was practically pain-free today (at my first physical therapy appointment). Still, this is my first real running-related injury. I guess it's a full-blown hobby now. At any rate, I'll try running again tomorrow, and hopefully the pain will be all but gone.

No comments: