The summer semester is in the books for me. It was another exciting and successful turn through the world of accounting. I earned the following grades:
ACCT 3110 Intermediate Accounting I: A. This class provided a more in-depth look at financial accounting and reporting topics, and we had to follow a fictitious company through its first six months of operations, generating the appropriate financial records and statements.
ACCT 3400: Inidvidual Income Taxation: A. The course title says it all. We learned heaps of tax code related to individuals - and most of its doesn't apply to you or me! P.S. You probably don't qualify for most income tax deductions, and if you do you can generally claim them only for money spent or losses. It's better to have all the money in the first place than to get 15-33% back in a tax refund.
ACCT 5440: Introduction to Partnership and Corporate Taxation: A. Wow, it really was only an intro, and we did learn quite a bit. Still, there is more to do in the Master's program, and I'll likely take one or two more detailed course then since this one really just scratches the surface.
The first two courses were during a condensed 8-week block, and each met twice per week for 2.5 hours at a time. The third course was offered during a 4-week block, and met four days per week for about 2 hours each time (we had 2.5 hours scheduled). This was a big change from the usual 15-week semester, but it turned out to be OK for just a few classes. So far, so good in my accounting classes. Now I'll just have to keep it up in the Fall (Class starts August 27!).
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
All this talk of classes makes me happy mine are all done! Actually, I don't really wish that. I had a year off from classes two years ago since there was nothing offered that I needed. But this past year two courses came up that were directly applicable to my research. For the first time ever, I learned something in class, then went back to my office and applied it to my research. I wish it were always that way.
But alas...my class really are finished. I'll do a semester of purely research and then in the spring...I teach an intro to physics class for the first time. No more TAing. I'll be the man in charge. Scary. For me and the students.
Enjoy your week off!
Post a Comment