This June also marks the 10th anniversary of my graduation from high school. This has led to some reflection on my part, and this increase in thoughtfulness was one reason for my last post. It's hard to know how I'm doing, since I've been enrolled in college seven of the 10 years since I left high school. I went straight through college, completing a bachelor's degree in 2001 and a master's degree in 2003. Both degrees were in the field of history, and eventually led to my brief career in museum registration and curation.
I do have high hopes for my newly chosen profession of accounting, as job prospects in this field are very favorable. Due to an unusual program at Weber State University, I am "leveling" for their Master of Accountancy program. This means that I need to take only 16 core undergraduate accounting and related courses, then apply to their Master's program. The Master's itself is a one-year program, and so this program will allow me to finish in about the same amount of time that earning a new bachelor's degree would take. Also, attending a state university in Utah is very afforadable when compared with schools of any class back East. The quality of instruction so far has been rather good, and I do not feel slighted in any way in my education so far. If only textbooks were cheaper...
At any rate, as June comes to a close I feel positive about the direction in which my life is headed. Even though I have another 2 years or so of school, it is an investment in my future that should prove well worth the effort.
No comments:
Post a Comment