Sunday, April 11, 2010

Four More Days

Yes, that's right folks - it's time to file your taxes! If you haven't started yet, don't worry. You can always file for an extension. If you do, don't forget, it is only an extension of your time to file, not pay. That's right, you need to estimate how much you'll owe and pay now. If you're due a refund, you will have to wait until you file your actual return to get it, though.

Whew! I am almost through tax season! Again! As much fun as working from 8 AM - 9 PM is, I'll be glad to catch a break soon. Part of the reason for my lack of blogging activity has been my busy work schedule.

Another part is that our computer broke down again, and was out of commission for a couple more weeks.

In the meantime, I did pass the final section of the CPA exam. I submitted my license application and I am now a CPA. For real. Like, I can put letters after my name. It's not as cool as changing the letters before your name (to Dr.), but still it does feel somewhat rewarding.

Even so, there is a great deal to learn, and it is a good thing that my employer is bringing me along slowly, assigning me more challenging work a bit at a time. I do feel that I understand many things much better than I did even a year ago, and I look forward to continuing to improve my skills throughout my career.

Well, enough for now. Look for more details after the 15th!

No comments: