It's been about two and a half months since my last post - WOW, I am slipping. Angela has listed some of the things happening in our lives to distract her from blogging. While many of the same apply to me laziness has been a big culprit as well.
At any rate, just before Thanksgiving I took the section of the CPA exam called Business Environment and Concepts. Last week I found out that I passed! I've got one more section to go: Regulation. I take that in early February and probably won't know my fate until the end of March. Still, I have about 4 shots at "Reg" before my first test score expires, so I am confident that I can get it done.
In the last week I've also completed two other minor exams required for a Utah CPA license. One is a self-study exam on profession-specific ethical matters administered by the AICPA (American Association of Certified Public Accountants).
The second test was a bit more challenging as some advance study was required. This one was administered by Utah's Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing. The CPA Laws and Rules exam, as it is called, tests a candidate's knowledge of the requirements for getting and maintaining a CPA license in the state, as well as the relevant laws governing licensing for all professions. The exam was not too hard, but I had a good study guide borrowed from some colleagues. I was happy to pass this one because the test will change next year, and we don't know if that means it will be harder or not.
At any rate, I have just one more exam to go now. I am hopeful to pass on the first try, but if I can't I still feel that I ought to be able to get my CPA license sometime next year. I'll sure be praying for help, though.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
congratulations on your steady, savvy baserunning, if i can be forgiven for egregious metaphor stretching... scoring position!
it is snowy here and i am still working for two Mass. town library systems. no bad news here...
Merry Christmas Derek, Angela and David!
Post a Comment