Many of you know that I sometimes enjoy playing a sport known as Frisbee golf, or more properly as disc golf. (Frisbee is a registered trademark- the generic term is "novelty flying disc", much like a Kleenex is also a facial tissue).The object is to throw your Frisbee into a target basket in as few throws as possible. I have included a picture of what one of the baskets looks like above. The basket itself is usually a few hundred feet from the tee area. There are actually discs designed for driving, approach shots, and putting. The discs are generally smaller, thinner, and heavier than those used to play catch, so it is possible to throw them quite some distance.
I recently explored the disc golf course nearest my home. It's in Riverdale, Utah. I played 12 holes the first time, and had to quit to get to class on time. I actually got lost on several occasions (disc golf courses often go through woods, and finding your way to the next hole isn't always easy). I decided to play the front 9 again more recently, and played much worse than I did on the first try. The course seems nice, and I'd probably enjoy it more if I had any friends here who also play.
1 comment:
Bring on the flying discs!!
I have yet to find any disc golf courses that I can get to in the UK, but I have a beaten up Gazelle and a putter that I am itching to throw at trees, trash bins, et cetera in my local park. Objects, ahoy!
Post a Comment