Sunday, February 8, 2009

"We've got to install microwave ovens...


custom kitchens delivereeee, we've got to move these refrigerators, we've got to move these color TV's."

Sorry, I was just remembering the old Dire Straits hit "Money For Nothing". Part of the plan Angela and I had when remodeling our kitchen was to install an over-the-stove microwave to increase the always-popular counter space.

We'd been waiting due to the high costs of preparing for and bringing a child into the world in present-day America (he's worth it, by the way). Angela's mom actually found us a freebie. She had a friend who was replacing their microwave with a fancy stainless steel version, and wanted to give the old one away. This Saturday Angela's parents came up here to help us install it and to visit David.

I must say the installation, with Paul's help, went smoothly (a few minor hiccups, as to be expected). The thing seems attached so precariously in my mind, but I'm sure in reality it's OK. We're certainly glad to have it, and save a few hundred dollars in the process.

No comments: