
Well, it's finally here! My latest diploma to add to my collection. I actually feel like I graduated now, and I must say it's a good feeling. I've put off applying for the CPA exam until I had my diploma - now I have no more excuses to procrastinate.
I've been dreading it mildly for a few reasons. One: the exam is expensive, and though my company will reimburse me, it's a big check to write. Second: the test is long, and the overall pass rates are not high. The overall pas rate for each section is below 50%. That's tough, and it's why I'll shell out an additional, larger, non-reimbursable sum for an exam review course. The best boast a pass rate among their student of about 85%. That's not bad. Becker has a great reputation, and one of my co-workers recently passed two sections of the exam using their books and CD-ROM materials.
The 411 on the exam is that if you did well in school and take the time to prepare, you'll do fine. But the time commitment for many people is 2-3 hours per days for 4-6 weeks for each of the four sections. Some people liken it to studying for PhD. qualifying exams in terms of prep time needed. So I've got to gear up, but I should be able to manage things. I'll be sure to post on my progress.
2 comments:
Congratulations! Good luck on the exam.
Thanks! I am fairly nervous, as becoming or not becoming a CPA shapes my whole career trajectory, but I've made it this far, and I'm going to give it my best shot.
Post a Comment