During this past week I was in Chicago for CBIZ national tax training. While I really enjoy my work and find tax law quite interesting, after each whole day of sitting in a conference room I was excited to do a little exploring. Luckily, we were right downtown, and many fun things were just a short walk away.
The John Hancock tower was a short distance from our hotel, and since it's a distinctive Chicago landmark, I put the photo first. We actually ate at the Cheesecake Factory in one of its lower levels.
This was out hotel, the Allerton. Fairly nice, old building nicely remodeled. The catering ofr breakfast and lunch was also generally very good.
We were also near Navy Pier. I didn't have much time to check it out thoroughly, but there's at least a couple parks, a ferris wheel, and this children's museum, besides the great views of Lake Michigan.
The trip was pretty good overall, but I am glad to be home in time to spend Halloween with David & Angela.
No comments:
Post a Comment