Sunday, August 23, 2009

One down, three to go!

After anxiously awaiting the result for about six weeks, I found out on Friday that I passed the Financial Accounting & Reporting exam! I am heartened by the news, and have renewed confidence that I will be able to ultimately pass all four parts of the exam.

This is good, since I'll be taking the Auditing exam on Friday this week. It's a tough topic for me because I'm a tax accountant, not an auditor. I had only one auditing class in school, and I don't really use auditing concepts for my job (Auditors determine whether or not a company's financial statements fairly present their financial position and results). Still, I have been studying fairly diligently, and now need to complete about 120 practice questions before reviewing everything the second time. It's a busy time at work too, but I hope to remember enough to do well on this exam also.

2 comments:

Michelle Johnson said...

Congratulations on passing the first section! I'm sure you'll do well on the second as well.

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! Good luck with the rest of the exam!