Yes, yes, it's been a whole month since my last post! I've been getting nervous about the results of my first CPA exam section (I might find out by next week). I've been getting ready for the next part, which I'm due to take at the end of August.
I've enjoyed more quality time with David lately, which has been nice. I'm also starting some big projects at work which should keep me busy for a while.
In the meantime, I decided to run the Sunset Fun Days 5k. I ran last year, and finished 4th in field of 26 runners. This year the crowd looked a bit bigger, with many people looking like more serious runners.
My time was 24:15.6, which makes it my second-fastest 5k ever, and improves on my time over last year's race by almost 30 seconds. Despite this increase in speed, surprising given that I'm 12 pounds heavier this year, I didn't even make the top ten, finishing 11th out of 48 runners. Still, I averaged 7:50 per mile, and felt good that my Wasatch Back times really were mostly due to altitude and climbing, and not due to me being way more out of shape than last year (just a little).
What was slightly amazing to me was the fact that of the top 8 finishers, 4 were over age 40, including the top two. The winning time was 19:05. I had a goal a while ago to work towards a 20-minute 5k. I may make a serious effort at it, but it would likely take more training than I can commit to right now. I also feel like I should try to run a full marathon sometime. Here again, my time is limited, so I may not get to work on that one for another couple of years either.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment