Saturday, April 18, 2009

IT'S OVER!!!!!

Woohoo! Tax season is OVER!

Let me begin by saying that my first tax season went pretty well. I was able to complete many assignments, and I learned a great deal. My schedule was rigorous, but when compared to the workload of colleagues at other firms, it was very manageable.

Still, it was difficult and I am reveling in the fact that I now have an ENTIRE Saturday off for the first time in two months. This morning I worked in our "garden" with my brother-in-law (a separate post will follow).

Also, since Angela and I got married on April 15th (ha ha ha) we will be going out to dinner tonight to celebrate at a nice buffet in downtown Salt Lake (No, really - it's a fine dining buffet with a great view of the city).

I may even get to watch a movie with Angela over the weekend!

For spring and summer I have signed up to be on two teams through work. I'll be playing softball (hopefully) and I'll be running the Wasatch Back relay. I'll be blogging about both of those as well. Now I'm off to enjoy some free time!

3 comments:

Christy Lou said...

Hooray for surviving! I bet Angela will love getting to see you again ;) David too, of course.

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on surviving! I can imagine what a relief it must be. And yeah, I wondered from day 1 when you guys got married on April 15 and you planned to be an accountant. ;) Have fun!

Derek said...

Thanks Christy and Elizabeth! Angela and David have both been pretty happy the last couple of days.

I've probably said this before, but it's funny that I could have been a cost accountant, and only had deadlines for specific projects. I could have worked in inventory accounting or accounts payable and had month-end rushes. Even as an auditor at a CPA firm the busy season cools off before April 15.

Only by becoming a stereotypical accountant (tax return preparation and tax planning) do I have the big conflict with my anniversary. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment.