
Tax season can be quite a grind. It involves working 55+ hours each week (including Saturdays) for seven or eight weeks. The work is usually fairly interesting to me, but is often tedious. In an effort to help their employees handle the pressures of the season, many CPA firms offer different activities. At our office we have a weekly candy guessing contest (number in a jar), a treat of some sort each Friday, and a game each Wednesday evening.
Someone at our office takes pictures occasionally, and one week they got me playing our dice game. It went like Yahtzee, only with four giant inflatable dice (as you see). You got up to three rolls and you could keep any of the first or second rolls. My score of 22 was tied for second until the final player rolled all sixes on his second throw.
On the whole, tax season is going pretty well. There are many days where I feel less tired/bored after a 12-hour shift than I do after an 8-hour shift with little to do. I do have a 45-minute commute, however, and that means I don't get to spend too much time at home (we try to have some family time each day).
Angela surprised me today by offering to drop by and bring me lunch. I was very excited to see her and David, and although she wasn't able to stay long with David getting hungry (and fussy) I enjoyed their company.
1 comment:
That's a great picture. Any game with giant inflatable dice sounds fun. (I didn't even know they made such things!)
Post a Comment