
As long as I am on the topic of work outdoors, I felt it appropriate to mention some reshingling work that I participated in yesterday. My in-laws have been working on replacing their roof shingles for the last week. I finally had a day mostly free, so I drove to their house early in the morning and began to help. My father-in-law and I began work at about 7:15 in the morning, and we were joined by his neighbor around 8:00. We worked until 12:30, taking a mid-day siesta followed by more work that evening. This was my first experience roofing as an adult. I learned quite a bit, and actually enjoyed the work more than I expected I would. I have no idea how much work we accomplished in terms of square feet or yards, but the above photo shows our accomlishments for our morning work session. There were no shingles on the front side of the roof when we started, and we completely finished the center section by lunchtime. Overall, we were pleased with our progress. The two parts of the project that didn't please me as much were my bruised knee and my sunburn, but at least the sunburn was my own fault. Still, it was a good experience.
1 comment:
Since your title is "Up on the Housetop" it would be much cooler if you had a picture with YOU up on the roof!
Post a Comment